Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Monster Hunter™ 4 Ultimate is the newest installment in the popular Monster Hunter series, which has sold more than 28 million units worldwide to date. In Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, players will take on the role of a hunter that joins up with a traveling caravan to explore new lands and towns along the way. This grand adventure will include hundreds of quests to take on a variety of extraordinary creatures that yield valuable resources used for weapons and equipment. Launching on Nintendo 3DS™, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate represents the biggest leap forward ever for the series with more new content and exciting features than ever before. Also, for the first time ever for the Monster Hunter series on a handheld system, players will be able to join up with friends over the internet via the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, as well as the previously available local wireless option.
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate will take players to new heights, literally, with the introduction of more vertical and lateral movement than ever. An expanded repertoire of actions will create more dynamic hunting experiences with fluid climbing motions and the ability to jump attack from walls or ledges. In addition, players will be able to ride atop a monster for a limited time as they hang on and deliver attacks. With the addition of two new weapon classes, challenging new monsters and numerous locales, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate will be the most robust hunting experience yet.
- Online Play – Connect with up to three other hunters online over the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection for the first time ever, or local wireless, to join up and take down larger than life beasts.
- Two new weapon classes – The Insect Glaive is a long staff type weapon accompanied by a powerful flying insect which can be customized with various attributes; the Charge Blade is a hybrid that switches between a sword and shield or axe mode, with the ability to collect energy from attacks to charge up and unleash powerful attacks. The 12 previous weapon types have also been updated with modifications to moves or combos.
- More vertical environments – The action expands with more fluid climbing motions and the addition of jump attacks from walls or ledges.
- Virus effect – Monsters are even more threatening with a new feral effect which makes them stronger and more vicious than in their normal state.
- New gameplay mechanic – For the first time ever, hop on to monsters and hold on to deliver a burst of attacks.
- Dynamic terrain changes – Some monsters can cause the battlefield to shift during a fight, making even ground slant at an angle into a steep slope; if hunters are not careful, they could slide right out of the zone into the next area.
- Returning favorites and fresh challenges – With several brand new monsters such as the dark and menacing Gore Magala as well as hordes of returning favorites including the primal Tigrex, players have access to the largest roster of ferocious enemies than ever before.
- All new areas – Journey as a part of a traveling caravan and explore brand new locales and villages, each with its own unique look and feel.
- Epic gear – Hundreds of new items and equipment for players to craft and acquire, including all new rare and powerful G rank weapons and armor.
- Felyne Comrades – Felyne AI partners can be recruited on the journey and will feature in depth customization options of their own with armor, weapons and skills specific to them.
- Nintendo 3DS touch screen features – Provides easy access to in-game books, weapons, field maps and mini games, as well as the useful target lock option that auto-focuses on a main enemy.
- Exchange your information – Send and receive guild cards with fellow hunters via the Nintendo StreetPass™ function.
- Hunters for hire – Use the local Nintendo 3DS search feature to search for other hunters nearby.
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite for iOS
One of the most popular PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system titles comes to iOS! Originally released in 2009 in the west and based on Japan’s Monster Hunter Portable™ 2nd G, Monster Hunter Freedom Unite™ makes its way to iOS. The PSP title was a global success with sales of more than four million units worldwide, contributing to the series’ total of more than 28 million units to date.
From devising the strategy to executing the attack, players will need to work together in order to hunt down ferocious beasts and progress through the wide range of quests on offer. Players will be rewarded for their use of deep fighting combat systems, encouraging them to seek out the more experienced hunters and team up in order to learn from their expertise. Felyne AI comrades make their first appearance in Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, helping single player hunters battle monsters and gather extra resources during quests.
- Huge depth of content – replayable quest-based gameplay offers hundreds of challenges, 1500 weapons, 2000 armor sets, and a huge array of monsters.
- Pokke Village main hub – the snowy area acts as a bustling home base offering everything a hunter needs:
- Various colorful NPC vendors offering useful supplies and upgrades
- A cozy home to manage gear and save progress
- Training center to hone battle skills
- Gathering hall to meet up with fellow hunters
- Pokke Farm to cultivate resources
- Felyne Kitchen to grab a stat boosting snack before a quest
- Graphics - now in higher HD resolution and with support for up to 2048x1536 resolution for iPad
- All controls are optimized utilizing touch screen functionality – attack and dodge by tapping the screen; flick through and tap to use helpful items during a quest; contextual action buttons make controls easier to maneuver.
- Target camera options – players can choose from two different settings in the options menu
- The lock-on style target camera was first introduced in the subsequent Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate but newly added to this version of Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, allowing players to manually tap the screen to “lock on” to major enemies during battles.
- Or players can choose to select the automatic option where the camera automatically follows major enemies during battles.
- Supports controller peripherals for iPhone and iPod touch such as the Logitech® PowerShell™ Controller + Battery and other MFi controllers.
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
The popular action RPG franchise Monster Hunter™ returns to Europe and North America with Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate launching on the Nintendo Wii U™ system and the Nintendo 3DS™. Players take on the role of a hunter and are sent to explore a settlement within the Monster Hunter universe, completing quests on their journey to seek and slay monsters while improving their skills and earning equipment upgrades. With many challenging monsters and over 200 quests the latest edition to the series is set to be the most expansive offering to date.
Expansive Monster Hunter world – equipment and weapon upgrades, challenging monsters and over 200 quests to tackle make this latest offering the most expansive in the series so far
- Utilize the Wii U and 3DS functionalities – The touch screen feature of both platforms provides easy access to in-game books, weapons, field maps and mini games
- High quality HD resolution and 3D visuals – The beautiful world of Monster Hunter, powered by Capcom’s latest iteration of the MT Framework, appears visually stunning and unique for players to enjoy on both the Wii U system and Nintendo 3DS
- Don’t hunt on your lonesome – Connect with up to three friends in four player local play via the Nintendo 3DS or online via the Wii U system. Wii U players can also link up with Nintendo 3DS players over a local connection
- Hunt AND chat online – the Wii U game will fully support the voice chat functionality available on that system
- Search for fellow hunters! – Use the local Nintendo 3DS search feature to find other hunters in your location
- Take the experience with you wherever you go – Share your save data between your Wii U home console and the Nintendo 3DS, allowing the Monster Hunter experience to be truly portable
- Meet your companions – Never feel alone in the vast world of Monster Hunter with the aid of your two companions, Cha-Cha and Kayamba, who will assist you on your quests
- Exchange your information – Share your guild card with fellow hunters via the Nintendo StreetPass™ function